This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Administrative/Clerical
Department:Diabetic Teaching, 75301
Shift Hours:Monday-Friday, 0800-1630
Under the direction of the department director/manager, this position schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Takes dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes on typewriter or computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens manager's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates manager's schedule and makes appointments, schedules meetings.
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
High School Diploma required. Associate Degree in business or related field preferred.
One year of experience as an Administrative Assistant, or similar role, required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our service standards:
- Care about me - We put the patient at the center of every decision we make and tailor the hospital experience to the patient's needs.
- Keep me safe - We adhere to strict safety procedures, and seek new knowledge and experience in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Help me heal - We address our patients' physical, spiritual, and emotional needs with the most advanced medicine available and a warm, caring environment.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
About Harrison Medical Center:
For more information about what it's like to be part of the Harrison team and live in the Kitsap area, please visit http://jobs.harrisonmedical.org/.
Harrison Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer