This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location:Harrison Health Partners
Department:HHP Administration, 87021
Shift Hours:0800 -1700
Job Type:Per Diem
Under the general clinical supervision of physicians, responsible for providing and coordinating medical care through face to face and electronic patient contact according to licensed provider's orders and in conformance with recognized medical assisting, nursing techniques and established policies and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks which support both front and back office functions. Demonstrates initiative, insight and proper judgment in making decisions while working in compliance with OSHA, WISHA and TFPC safety standards and within pre-established professional standards and guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School graduation or a GED equivalent and Graduation from an accredited university, college, technical school or military training program with a certificate of completion in a Medical Assistant program.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Certified Medical Assistant through the Washington State Department of Health or possess an interim certification and pass the Medical Assistant Certification exam within one year of issuance.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
One or two years experience as a medical assistant or health care assistant preferred.
- Performs general medical office duties including answering phones, making appointments, registering patients, updating medical charts, and verifying insurance information and coverage.
- Maintains efficient patient flow by professionally greeting patients, escorting them to the treatment area, and updating the medical record with vital signs and relevant patient history.
- Responds to verbal and electronic patient requests for information and assistance using proper policies, reference tools and provider instructions.
- Coordinates referrals for patient tests, specialist appointments and hospital visits as needed as well as ensuring appropriate insurance authorization is obtained if necessary.
- Responds to incoming patient phone calls. Answers questions, makes appointments, processes prescription refills, and directs/instructs patient and/or family members regarding prescription and treatment instructions according to the provider guidelines and orders.
- Maintains patient medical records, accurately and correctly documents clinical information in the medical record, shares clinical information with external and internal publics in accordance with Harrison Hospital Privacy policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, clean and adequately supplied working environment through proper disposal of general waste, clean up of clinical care areas, properly disposing of hazardous materials and sharps, including replacing sharps containers as needed and wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Prepares supplies and equipment and aids provider during treatment, procedures, exams and testing of patients.
- Under the direction of a qualified licensed provider, administers vaccines and therapeutic agents; provides treatments; and performs screening tests and waived laboratory testing in accordance with policies, procedures and manufacturer's instructions and completely and accurately documents results in the medical chart.
- Immediately notify supervisor of potentially hazardous or unsafe situations or injuries regarding both patients and staff.
- Maintains and cleans a variety of equipment and instruments used in the clinic as required and in ways which ensure proper sterilization and cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have regular, reliable, predictable attendance in performance of essential job functions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our service standards:
- Care about me - We put the patient at the center of every decision we make and tailor the hospital experience to the patient's needs.
- Keep me safe - We adhere to strict safety procedures, and seek new knowledge and experience in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Help me heal - We address our patients' physical, spiritual, and emotional needs with the most advanced medicine available and a warm, caring environment.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
About Harrison Medical Center:
For more information about what it's like to be part of the Harrison team and live in the Kitsap area, please visit http://jobs.harrisonmedical.org/.
Harrison Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer